For my quarantine birthday I had a vegan chocolate cake and it was so good that even my family said they couldn't taste the difference. So I looked into the amazing cupcake recipes that is easy and you can make at home! #vegan #vegancake #vegancakerecipe #cakerecipe #recipe #foodandnutrition
For the icing:
100g/3½oz dairy-free spread
125g/4½oz unsweetened soya milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Line two 12-hole cupcake tins with 20 paper cupcake cases.
2. Whisk together the soya milk and cider vinegar in a jug. Set aside.
3. Cream the sugar and margarine in a large bowl with a hand -held whisk until soft and smooth. Set aside.
4. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder into a bowl. Mix in the coffee granules and salt, ensuring there are no lumps.
5. Tip the dry ingredients into the sugar and margarine and pour in the soya milk mixture. Stir together with a wooden spoon, using a figure of eight motion. The mixture will seem dry at first, but will loosen quickly.
6. Spoon the batter into the cases using a dessert spoon. Be careful not to over-fill.
7. Bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes, or until the cakes spring back to the touch. Leave to cool completely in the tins before decorating.
8. To make the icing, sift the cocoa and sugar into a food processor and add the shortening. Blend the mixture and gradually pour in the soya milk until your icing is the desired consistency.
9. To decorate the cupcakes, you can either dollop on some icing and swirl it with a knife, or use a piping bag.
Thank you so much for reading this post. I'd love for you to try the recipe yourself and let me know how it is and see what design you can create! This recipe is nice and easy, it will keep you busy and it is a fun activity to do with family and trying out new habits is the best thing you can do with you time. Stay safe, stay home, stay healthy. Until next time...
- Phoebe Xoxo